28 March 2005

Quick Catch Up ...


Ouch ...
Anailese learned to walk last Saturday.
On Sunday, she fell face first into the corner of the brick hearth at Chelsea and Darwin's. An ambulance ride and emergency CT scans and eight hours in the hospital later, she was downgraded to a moderate concussion and sent home with dire warnings about how bad a second fall could be. Barbara's a wreck.
Seeds ...
I spent last Saturday with Mary at Seedy Saturday, answering questions about Community Shared Agriculture and explaining how it differes from Community Gardening. We went for dinner and ran some errands and solved all the world's problems.
Panties ...
I spent some time at Mona's on Friday. There's potty training and weaning happening there, among many, many other things. Busy house, that. I had a great plan to stop at the-lady-across-the-street's healthfood store and Mark's for socks and the yarn store on 124th on the way, right up until I put yay-I-get-a-Friday-off-to-spend-with-Mona's-Family together with it's-a-holiday-because-it's-Good-Friday and realized that at least two of those places would be closed. So I jumped on a bus and went directly there instead. Rose and Cassandra have new panties, are the busiest, shiniest girls in the world, and can eat their own weight in beans at dinner. Atoll, the fierce orange kitty decided maybe he won't eat me after all. I got to help Pete with bathtime and bedtime while Mona ran some errands. Mona, Pete and I watched Ray. We stayed up past their bedtime. Pete requests an RSS feed for this blog. I don't think I can do that without Billy's help since he's hosting it, so I may have to move back to Blogspot.
Sweaters and scarves...
I found some soft, bright, chunky yarn. On Friday, I measured Rose and Cassandra. Yesterday, I swatched for gauge, plugged the numbers into a kinda pattern generator thingy for raglan sweaters and jiggled them a bit, knit a test neck. Today, I ripped it out, jiggled the numbers some more to account for big ol' toddler heads and started again. I'm about 2cm below the arm holes. That stuff knits up fast in l'il bitty sweaters! Once they're done, I'll re-knit Mona's hat a little bigger (if I have enough of the yarn, I won't unknit the one I did already), I have a mitred squares scarf that I started in Nelson to finish and I have some cotton yarn to do one for Patty, and I've ordered yarn and ribbon to knit a shawl for Vince. I don't know what to do with all of the unfinished Billy projects I have lying about. I thought of finishing them and sending them to him, but I don't know if he'd even want them and I cry every time I look at them.

No comments: