29 April 2005

Pansies and Tigers and Precipitation ...


Oh my! Some titles are better than others; that one isn't.
So there I was, all cozy, thinking this sunburn from last week is itchy, that I'd hang the bedding out on the line today and maybe see about getting some pansies for the pots on the front steps 'cuz the begonias just didn't work well last year, wondering what the hell I did to my template to make my comments window act so funny in Safari, thinking about ordering Tiger, which got me wondering what's going to happen with Tiger, the fierce jungle kitten, thinking about phoning the lawn guy, and wondering if it was warmer than yesterday 'cuz I'd like to open the windows up again ... they were closed for only the one day, but already I miss having them open ...
I'm working on a new plan. It's snowing and blowing.

I think I'll phone the lawn guy anyway. It's not like he'll be busy today.

I have a couple more hippies to hear back from and my crew list is done ... of course I don't believe it'll stay done for any length of time at all.

Nina didn't make it over on Wednesday. The mama's angry with her. Again. She's very rarely on MSN, lately, and since she lost her cell phone, if I want to talk to her, I have to phone the house and the mama will see the number and may or may not get cranky and take it out on Nina. Bleh. Of course, she could phone me, too. What is it with phones, lately? Barbara doesn't have one, except Miles' cell phone and he's quite often not where she is. Nina's lost hers. And I seem to have a new feature on mine that randomly tells people phoning from cell phones they have to state their name before I'll take the call.

I ripped the too-small neck of the second sweater and started it over last night. The first one turned out cute ... I hope the second works as well, but with less unknitting involved.

Blessings ...


I've had the quietest week ever, this week, with lots of time to myself and lots of time to think, and I'm pleased to say I don't feel I'm the worse for it. Too much time alone to think was one of the biggest problems with that job ... an hour and a half to two hours each way on the bus, trapped inside my head. Inside my head has been a very bad neighbourhood (Vince's expression ... he do have a way with words!) for a few months ... I'm so very happy to be able to walk around in there again. Going on two weeks without crying every day ... I still have moments, plenty of them, but it's not constant anymore. For this, I have Brandon to thank. Yes, yes, I know ... it's my head and my heart and my grief and I'm the one driving this bus ... but what I needed was to stop thinking, just for a while, to break the circles ... the trouble was that I didn't know that's what I needed. That makes it sound so simple. It's freaking hard work to get me to stop thinking ... frankly, I didn't know it was possible at all. So thank you Brandon for taking over and making me stop thinking for a little while, and helping me reclaim myself, for being so careful and caring about it, for knowing how ... and while I'm at it, for trust and listening and not disappearing and letting me cry on you and coming over to play tie-dye and taking me at my word about phoning in the middle of the night and making me laugh and a hundred other things. I'm very grateful that you popped back into my life when you did. Your timing is impeccable. Thanks to you ... and Mona and Mary and Patty and Vince and Shadow and Nina and all the kids in my life, as well ... I do believe I'm going to be okay, eventually. Blessings, all of you.

Stuff and Nonsense ...


Daylight:
Length of day: 14:55
Hours of dark: 7:45ish
Sunrise: 6:04 am
Sunset: 9:00pm
Start of twilight: 5:24 am
End of twilight: 9:40 pm


Current weather: Overcast, light snow. -3°C (27°F), -11°C (12°F) with windchill, humidity 73%, wind NW 38.4 km/h (24 mph.), barometer 30.17 in. Hg.

Forecast:
Today.. Periods of snow. Amount 2 cm. (not quite 1"). Wind NW 30 km/h (18.6 mph). High -1°C (30.2°F).
Tonight.. Cloudy with 60% chance of flurries. Wind N 20 km/h (12.4 mph) becoming light this evening. Low -7°C (19°F).
Saturday.. Cloudy. 60% chance of flurries in the morning and early afternoon. High 4°C (39°F).
Sunday.. Sunny. Low -9°C (16°F). High 5°C (41°F).
Monday.. Sunny. Low -7°C (19°F). High 9°C (48°F).
Tuesday.. Sunny. Low -4°C (25°F). High 15°C (59°F).
Normals for the period.. Low 1°C (34°F). High 15°C (59°F).

No comments: