07 May 2005

Diversion II


My new glasses are done (way early ... they told me 7-10 business days to order the lenses, then they'd have to tint them and grind them) but I don't think I'll get a chance to pick 'em up today. So far, I've fed the beasts and dust-mopped and written my MP (in response to an inflammatorily written mailer he sent out ... I was good, honest. I asked in the nicest possible way that he behave like an adult and encourage others to do the same), made potato salad for tomorrow, tie-dyed curtains for the 'puter room and talked to Barbara on the phone. Next up is washing the curtains and hanging them out to dry, hanging the curtain rod, and then the curtains, baking a carrot cake (two if I get to it, so there's one with a different icing for Cory, who doesn't do dairy ... otherwise I'll hafta do icing-on-the-side and that's just not right) for tomorrow, building some not-almond roca for Mom and wrapping it. I'm toying with the idea of e-mailing Billy about his cat, since I haven't heard from him about that (or anything else, for that matter). I also want to download the pictures that Adele and Ned took at Nina's fashion show on Thursday night ... with my camera, so I get to go through 'em before Nina gets her hands on 'em and trashes most of 'em.

I have a rib that gets pulled out of place sometimes when I get all wound up. It's like twisting an elastic 'til it twists back on itself ... the muscle attached to the rib does that if I don't catch it and get it (and me) to relax in time. I've been feeling wound-too-tight for a while and sometime last weekend that rib went out. It wasn't nearly as bad as it often is, so I ignored it. I remember saying that I was going to meditate for a little while ... but I didn't do it ... so I stayed wound up. I woke up in the middle of the night on Tuesday and thought, "oh shit!" I could feel my neck getting tighter and tighter and tried to relax (of course, trying to relax in a hurry isn't too effective) but it was too late and I felt my neck kinda go "ptwang!" I tried heat and ice and stretches and lots of lying on the floor on Wednesday and ended up phoning the chiropractor on Thursday. I got in to see her in the afternoon. I took the bus, even though Brandon offered to take me there ... parking downtown's stinky, and the bus from here is really quick, and apparently I'm stubborn if Ma's to be believed. Still, it was awfully nice to be fussed ... maybe it' time I grew up and learned to take it gracefully. It's been almost three years since the last time this happened, so I haven't seen this lovely chiro since then. She put the rib back where it was supposed to be and got that muscle to let go fairly easily, but she couldn't get my neck to behave 'cuz it was all spasm'd up. She sent me home to ice it some more and do some more stretches and lie on the floor some more and made an appointment for me to go back on Tuesday.

It felt so much better yesterday! Granted, I felt like I'd been run over by a truck, but it didn't hurt to breathe or swallow ... and I could move! So I did a buncha stuff around the house (but not as much as I had planned 'cuz Vince made me pick one thing to take off the list ... fussed again!) and walked over to the other end of the Mill Creek bridge to have lunch with Adele and see about that respiratory formula she was talking about. She'd already had lunch when I got there and the herbs they sell are marketed through MLM (a business model I don't care to support), and she kept wondering if I was there 'cuz we had a session booked. That was all a little on the weird side, but we ended up yacking for four hours ... something we haven't done in a few years. We spent a couple of hours sitting on her sound table (massage table with transducer thingies attached to the bottom of it that carry parts of the sound through the table itself) with an alpha-wave CD on while we talked ... what a great way to spend time with someone! Yah, I'm still going to be cautious about her, but it sure would be nice to be able to maintain a relationship that's a little deeper than just being civil.

After spending the afternoon with Adele I ran some errands, came home and fed the cats, then it was time for Dande to go hunt with FB. I made it 'til about 10:00, then it was like someone hit the off switch and I just had to go to sleep. I was suddenly wide awake at 2:30 and stayed up for half an hour or so. The rest of the night I was woken up several times by very vivid erotic dreams, a common (and not unpleasant) cleanse side effect for me.

My copy of Tiger arrived yesterday, but I didn't hear the door. Bother. The delivery guy left his number, but was out of this area by the time I phoned, so he'll redeliver on Monday. I'm not too bent about it since my external HD isn't big enough to back everything up anymore and I want to do a clean install.

Turns out it's not nice enough out to dry the curtains fast enough for my current state of mind, so I'm off to hang them in to dry and to get to the rest of the list.

With all this nonsense going on this week, I cancelled my very first lesson with Stevie - bumped next Saturday ... and my haircut on Thursday - as yet to be rescheduled ... and I still have to phone the AMA about lessons this month.

Stuff and Nonsense ...


Daylight:
Length of day: 15:25
Hours of dark: 7:10ish
Sunrise: 5:49 am
Sunset: 9:14pm
Start of twilight: 5:07 am
End of twilight: 9:56 pm


Current weather: Overcast. 9°C (48°F), humidity 75%, wind NNE 11.2 km/h (7 mph.), barometer 29.93 in. Hg.

Forecast:
Today.. Cloudy with 40% chance of showers. Wind N 20 km/h (12.4 mph). High 12°C (54°F).
Tonight.. Cloudy with 40% chance of showers in the evening. Clearing overnight. . Low 4°C (39°F).
Sunday.. Sunny with cloudy periods. High 17°C (63°F).
Monday.. A mix of sun and cloud. Low 4°C (39°F). High 14°C (57°F).
Tuesday.. A mix of sun and cloud. Low 4°C (39°F). High 15°C (59°F).
Wednesday.. A mix of sun and cloud. Low 1°C (34°F). High 14°C (57°F).
Normals for the period.. Low 2°C (36°F). High 16°C (61°F).

No comments: