29 June 2005

Help!


Well, it's not that serious, but I did something ages ago that made the comments window all yucky ... and now something's changed to make the posts appear way down here. I'm annoyed by it. Anyone familiar enough with CSS to help me fix it when I get back mid-month? Pretty please!

I'm off to the Fair on Saturday. Yay! I'm traveling with Marmaduke in the land yacht he calls his vanilla pimpmobile. We'll go to Nelson via Invermere, stay with Patty and Jaime, then to Salem on Sunday and stay with friends there. That'll get us on Fair property plenty early for setting up on Monday. I'm so excited about it.

I did a bunch of running-around-getting-ready stuff yesterday. When I went out the back door, there was a crow up on the top of the big fir tree in the neighbours' yard, yelling his head off at me. He followed me out of the yard, changing perches several times so he was facing me .. then he followed me down the alley, perching on the wires a little ahead of me, waiting 'til I passed him, swooping down just over my head and finding a new perch, yelling the whole time ... when I got to the end of the alley, I turned left and so did he ... he flew to the lamp post on the corner and yelled at me 'til I started to cross the street ... then he flew across and landed on the lamp post on the other corner and yelled from there ... when I started to cross the other way, he did the same thing ... then he followed me for two more blocks, from lamp post to tree to lamp post 'til another crow came and chased him off. He yells at me whenever I go out the back door if he's around, and swoops down if I turn my back. I wonder what he's trying to tell me.

Sir Bunrab and I were sad that the lawn hand to be cut. I went and cut some daisies and put them in water first, and left a little patch long in case Sir Bunrab comes by for a snack.

'Cept for the shadows going the wrong way, this is what I see when I open my front door each morning ...



If you'd asked me to guess what I'd be doing yesterday evening, there's no way I'd've guessed I'd be henna-ing Brandon's hair. It was fun, though! And we watched the Firefly pilot during the waiting bits.

No comments: