07 December 2007

Surly And Derivative


I get to go muck about on Ravelry!

I've been staying home this week, shovelling a little snow, doing a little tie dye, knitting hats, trying to kick a cold. Tomorrow will be a whirlwind of activity, by comparison. The errand list is growing and I'm getting stir crazy.

Nina wanted a recipe for broccoli soup, so I made one up on the spot. She said it turned out well. Woo! I'll have to ask her for the recipe so I can try it sometime.

freerice.com is neat.
Play a word game that adapts itself to your vocabulary level, and PPC advertisers pay to donate rice to the United Nations World food Program.
By my scale, 100 grains of brown rice is about 2g. 1/3 cup is 56g. Cooked, that's 1 cup of rice. So 2800 dry grains = 1 cup cooked, give or take.

Today's title brought to you by the good folx at A Couple Of Different Word Of The Day Thingies.