From Dictionary.com ...
1. at that time: Prices were lower then.
2. immediately or soon afterward: The rain stopped and then started again.
3. next in order of time: We ate, then we started home.
4. at the same time: At first the water seemed blue, then gray.
5. next in order of place: Standing beside Charlie is my uncle, then my cousin, then my brother.
6. in addition; besides; also: I love my job, and then it pays so well.
7. in that case; as a consequence; in those circumstances: If you're sick, then you should stay in bed.
8. since that is so; as it appears; therefore: You have, then, found the mistake? You are leaving tonight then.
9. being; being such; existing or being at the time indicated: the then prime minister.
10. that time: We have not been back since then. Till then, farewell.
11. but then, but on the other hand: I found their conversation very dull, but then I have different tastes.
12. then and there, at that precise time and place; at once; on the spot: I started to pack my things right then and there. Also, there and then.
1. (used, as after comparative adjectives and adverbs, to introduce the second member of an unequal comparison): She's taller than I am.
2. (used after some adverbs and adjectives expressing choice or diversity, such as other, otherwise, else, anywhere, or different, to introduce an alternative or denote a difference in kind, place, style, identity, etc.): I had no choice other than that. You won't find such freedom anywhere else than in this country.
3. (used to introduce the rejected choice in expressions of preference): I'd rather walk than drive there.
4. except; other than: We had no choice than to return home.
5. when: We had barely arrived than we had to leave again.
6. in relation to; by comparison with (usually fol. by a pronoun in the objective case): He is a person than whom I can imagine no one more courteous.
These words are not interchangeable.
Pat's been on my mind a lot, lately.
My lawn is full of Robins, Northern Flickers and various other birds again today. The Flickers are the yelow-shafted ones (different from the ones shown, having a grey crown, tannish face and throat, a bright red splodge on the back of the head, black moustaches, and they flash butter yellow underwings and undertail when they fly). It's been drizzly and rainy out for a while. I bet they're all fattening up on worms and ground bugs, getting ready to migrate (the birds, not the worms and bugs ... though I suppose some of them may migrate in the birds' bellies).
Stuff and Nonsense ...
Length of day: 12:17
Hours of dark: 10:30ish
Sunrise: 7:18 am
Sunset: 7:36 pm
Start of twilight: 6:43 am
End of twilight: 8:10 pm
Current weather: Light rain. 8°C (46°F), wind NNW 12.8 km/h (8 mph), relative humidity 93%, pressure 29.64 in Hg.
Today.. Periods of rain. High 9°C.
Tonight.. Cloudy, 40% chance of showers. Low 5°C.
Friday.. A mix of sun and cloud, 30% chance of morning showers. High 15°C.
Saturday.. Sunny. Low 1°C. High 17°C.
Sunday.. Sunny. Low 5°C. High 19°C.
Monday.. A mix of sun and cloud. Windy. Low 4°C. High 10°C.
Normals for the period.. Low 2°C. High 16°C.