25 September 2006

I've lost my post ...


I posted yesterday, but it's gone into the ether somewhere, blast it.

edit: I found it!

Kin ...


Rafe phoned me yesterday (his birthday) morning to invite me to dinner at his Dad's house. It's way over in the west end, so I left way-early 'cuz the freeway can be so bad sometimes. I found a little park and knit for half an hour to kill time. I got to see his dad again (the last time was thirty-eight years ago), and Amos, meet his step-mom and godkids. One of his three-brothers-with-the-same-name was there, too. I got there at five, did the hellos, had a tour of the photo walls with Rafe, admired the beautiful art all over the place, and helloed other folx as they got there. We had a wonderful meal over the course of several hours, did lots of talking and laughing and unconvering unexpected connections. Everyone left around eleven, 'cuz Rafe's dad had a flight early this morning. I am so very taken with Rafe's family.

And for Dani ...


From Dictionary.com ...

a lot


Very many, a large number; also, very much. For example, A lot of people think the economy is declining, or Sad movies always made her cry a lot. It is sometimes put as a whole lot for greater emphasis, as in I learned a whole lot in his class. It may also emphasize a comparative indication of amount, as in We need a whole lot more pizza to feed everyone, or Mary had a lot less nerve than I expected. [Colloquial; early 1800s]

allot


–verb (used with object)
1. to divide or distribute by share or portion; distribute or parcel out; apportion: to allot the available farmland among the settlers
2. to appropriate for a special purpose: to allot money for a park.
3. to assign as a portion; set apart; dedicate

No comments: