30 January 2007

Poor Neglected Blog ...


Mom and Dad and I went to see the fabulous Back Porch Swing at the lovely Blue Chair Café. It was a great evening! I saw this on the way and went back the next day to take a picture:



More bloody hats (you may be sick of hats, but I'm still having fun knitting them), three more wee socks for Anailese's advent calendar, and a bag I knit for myself from recycled sari silk yarn.



Linda was here this past weekend, for her birthday sleepover. Here she is, ordering a lasagna as big as her head from a menu bigger than she is.



Not colourful pasta ... it's a gorgeous Noboru Kubo bowl full of lurvly yarn, being reborn. I've undone and wound four (different) skeins worth, given them a nice bath, and hung them to dry. I've only to wind them into balls again and they can become (surprise) hats! This is a cathartic experience, unknitting all of these things (Oh, I remember when I bought this yarn, we had such a nice trip. Oh. *sniffle*), changing the energy and turning them into nice warm hats for folx who can use them.



And this is a picture taken with my phone. That's my office at the university, about 45 seconds after it became my office. I don't know how anyone gets anything done in that office ... those trees are full of squirrels and magpies doing squirrelly and magpie-y things all day.



This is an unplanned short-term stint in this department. I wasn't planning on working at the University until after going to Mary and Robin's for the first week of March. There isn't a lot of work to do, but what there is of it is just too much for the Director to do on top of her other duties. I'm not there much, but it sure is a sweet office! And it's nice to be on campus.

Stuff and Nonsense ...


Daylight:
Length of day: 8:52
Hours of dark: 13:00ish
Sunrise: 8:22 am
End of twilight: 5:52 pm


Current weather: Mostly Cloudy. -4°C (24°F), -12°C (10°F) with wind chill, wind N 28.8 km/h (18 mph), gusting to 38.4 km/h (24 mph), relative humidity 60%, pressure 30.4 in Hg.

Forecast:
Today.. Cloudy with sunny periods, 30% chance of flurries. Wind N 30 km/h, gusting to 50 km/h. High -2°C.
Tonight.. A few clouds. Low -13°C.
Wednesday.. Cloudy, 40% chance of flurries in the afternoon. Periods of light snow beginning late in the day. Wind becoming NW 20 km/h late in the morning, increasing to 40 km/h, gusting to 60 km/h late in the day. High -14°C.
Thursday.. Sunny. High -13°C.
Friday.. Sunny. Low -20°C. High -11°C.
Saturday.. Sunny. Low -16°C. High -8°C.
Normals for the period.. Low -17°C. High -5°C.

No comments: