26 September 2005

Changes ...



The equinox came, and in that surreal time of perfect balance, Pat died. I'm relieved and happy that he's not hurting anymore, that his fears of not being him at the end weren't realized, that those who love him aren't watching him hurt anymore. And I miss him.

I got an e-mail from Billy yesterday. As usual, his timing sucks. I got angry once I'd digested it some. I'd been trying to get to angry for months. I'm glad that's over with. He and PJ and Pat are all mixed up in my head and heart right now. He doesn't belong in that mix ... he's still alive and not one of my ghosts, damnit ... it's something to do with the cat and PJ's dog, I think. It's complicated.

Saturday was fun. I met Brandon on Whyte. We went to Artifacts to find him a new earring, to EBC (huge construction site on the way with very cool big machines doing neat stuff) and United Cycle (ran into my cousin) to do bike things, to Doan's for lunch (where I rudely spent a bunch of time on the phone with Pat's sister), then I went home to construct a lasagna. Brandon, Barbara, Anailise and I went to Oliver's potluck later. It was somewhat subdued, but nice.

Stuff and Nonsense ...


Daylight:
Length of day: 11:57
Hours of dark: 10:50ish
Sunrise: 7:27 am
Sunset: 7:23 pm
Start of twilight: 6:52 am
End of twilight: 7:58 pm


Current weather: Mostly Cloudy. 12°C (53°F), humidity 57%, wind E 11.2 km/h (7 mph.), barometer 29.77 in. Hg

Forecast:
Today.. Cloudy with sunny periods and 30% chance of showers. High 10°C (50°F).
Tonight.. Cloudy periods with 60% chance of showers. Low 1°C (34°F).
Tuesday.. A mix of sun and cloud. High 12°C (54°F).
Wednesday.. Sunny. Low -1°C (30°F). High 17°C (63°F).
Thursday.. A mix of sun and cloud. Low 5°C (41°F). High 15°C (59°F).
Friday.. Cloudy with 30% chance of showers. Low 4°C (39°F). High 14°C (57°F).
Normals for the period.. Low 1°C (34°F). High 15°C (59°F).

No comments: