24 April 2006

Dad Did This ...




He turned the vase here, then carved it while down south this winter. He did two other ones, very different from this one, too.

Mom and Dad and I went to the wood carving show on Saturday. We didn't see anything as good there, I don't think. Mom agrees with me.

Then I got groceries and made a huge mess in the kitchen, making green pies and baked tofu and coleslaw. Rafe brought lemon cake and raspberries after his stilt-walking gig. We had a feast and yacked and laughed 'til late. I got up this morning, fed the cats, went back to bed 'til after noon, had a shower in a vain attempt to steam the crud out of my head, headed to the APs to hang out with them and Mary's crew. Rafe came for dinner and we all yacked and laughed 'til late. Rafe's first stilt experience was when we were seven, on the ones Dad made for me. Tonight, he got all three of Mary's kids up on his stilts. Good weekend. Sleepy now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's gorgeous....