15 January 2006

Jiggety-Jig ...


Home again. Home again and all that. I got in Friday night and fetched the cats home from Kitty City yesterday. Nina's purse was stolen Thursday night, so all her stuff's here, but she hasn't been able to get in. I guess I should change the locks. It looks like we got a couple of millimeters of snow while I was gone. It still looks like fall out.

I went to the APs today. Mary, Randy, Cory, Ernie and Linda were there. Pete's skiing and Mona's not feeling well, so Dad picked up Rose and Cassandra. When I got home, Nina came to pick up her stuff.

I tried a salad at Adele and Doug's on New Year's Eve when I took Nina home. Adele says Jeanette got it from an Israeli wives' cookbook.

Yummiest Salad Ever
1 garden cucumber (not the English kind)
1 ripe tomato
1 ripe avocado

Peel cucumber and cut into 5mm cubes. Cut tomato into 5mm cubes. Peel and pit avocado and cut into 5mm cubes. Mix and serve. Really. That's it. No seasoning. No dressing. As is. It's amazing.


Whistler fooled me. There was a fair amount of snow on the ground when I got there, so I didn't notice right away that the moss was bright green and springy and the ground cover leaves were alive and well. That much humidity (it was either raining or snowing or both most of the time I was there) and temperatures hovering right around freezing make it very interesting and very, very pretty. It's perfect for a ski resort! It's a few degrees cooler up the mountains, so the snow stays on the runs. Perfect!

See this? It's a chandelier made from antlers. There's more than one of them in the Earl's in Whistler. They're huge.


There are antler and bulb wall sconces like this over the booths.


Stuff and Nonsense ...


Daylight:
Length of day: 8:05
Hours of dark: 14.5ish
Sunrise: 8:42 am
Sunset: 4:47 pm
Start of twilight: 8:01 am
End of twilight: 5:27 pm


Current weather: Clear. -9°C (15°F), humidity 92%, wind W 4.8 km/h (3 mph.), barometer 29.85 in. Hg

Forecast:
Tonight.. Cloudy periods. Fog patches dissipating overnight. Low -15°C (°F).
Monday.. A mix of sun and cloud. High -7°C (19°F).
Monday night.. Cloudy periods. 60% chance of flurries overnight. Low -18°C (0°F).
Tuesday.. Cloudy. High -2°C (28°F).
Wednesday.. Cloudy. Low -6°C (21°F). High -4°C (25°F).
Thursday.. A mix of sun and cloud. 40% chance of flurries. Low -13°C (9°F). High -5°C (23°F).
Normals for the period.. Low -20°C (-4°F). High -9°C (15°F).

1 comment:

Robert van de Walle said...

Those antler chandeliers are AMAZING!

I suppose they're made from a renewable resource, so that's even more nifty...